Welcome -

Welcome to my photography blog! Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to look around and stay a while.

My New Camera...... and my best model

Sunday, July 25, 2010
To afford it, I've been selling off everything that isn't nailed down, including two lenses and my old camera, but I finally did it: I made the leap to a full frame sensor camera! The Nikon D700, and it's awesome!

My previous camera was a great camera and I'm very happy with so many of the images I've gotten with it over the last year and a half, but I really felt like I was ready to move on.

My friend, Molly, has let me "foster" her nice 80-200mm lens for the last while, but on my old cropped sensor camera body, it just wasn't very usable for me. But with this new camera, the lens is different, closer to the subject - a lot easier to use and the perfect focal length for portraits. Yay, since this is the nicest lens I have.

So I got the new camera on Wed. and played with it yesterday and today, and oh so conveniently, I have the perfect little model living in my house. I always say we're a match made in heaven: I love to take pictures, and she loves to have her picture taken.



I bought this pink hat this spring on a winter clearance sale and I haven't used it yet. Glad I remembered it today - cuuuute!

Taking a rest with some Russian Sage - I love that stuff and it's blooming right now.



One of the things I'm noticing already about the new camera, is that I'm not going to have to edit my photos nearly as much. And that's a HUGE reason to

CEL-E-BRATE!

Maybe I can get some of my life back that normally I spend editing.

Outtake alert!


I got a kick out of that one and wanted to include it.

This girl's so tan, she looks like she lives at the pool! Oh wait, she actually does live at the pool. Or on her horse or on the trampoline.


I think this one's my favorite:


Her hair is several shades lighter than it was 2 months ago. I've been calling her "blondie" lately.


Yep, she's my best model: willing, beautiful and confident in front of the camera.

And here's my second best model:



The last two nights while I've been playing in the yard with the new camera, Fred has climbed up on the kids' play house and watched intently while we shoot. From the exact same spot. I think he thinks he's a panther in a tree.... Good ol' Fred.

Well, good shooting times ahead. I'm looking forward to new adventures with my new partner in crime. Maybe I should give it a name, we're going to be very close from here on out.



1 comments:

Y2U said...

yes she is your best model.. n portraits are awesome.i myself is big fan of photography but never posted 'em on any blog though have 'em up on facebook, but you portraits are amazingly awesome.

Post a Comment