Welcome -

Welcome to my photography blog! Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to look around and stay a while.

Catchlights, babeeee!

Saturday, July 3, 2010
I was taking pictures at our town's 4th of July celebration today (we shut the whole place down on and go to church on Sundays) and couldn't resist taking photos of some of the cute little kiddos who crossed my path. As I was looking through the photos tonight, I realized that my favorite shots don't have anything to do with whether or not the subject is smiling, but how good the catchlights in their eyes are. It's all about the catchlights for me.

So here are a few of my favorite catchlight captures of the day:

My friend Rachel's scrumptious little guy, his eyes absolutely have FIREWORKS in them!


(you can see by his spoon that he was helping to judge our soup contest.)

My wonderful and amazing friend Deanna - also judging soup - with her beautiful baby blues.



It's a well known fact in photography that brown eyes are harder to capture catchlights in, but I beg to differ.


(my daughter - right - and one of her BFFs,Tyana.)

Seven year old bathing beauty, Page, sporting catchlights in her cool shades.



And finally, Miss Eva Diva, the darling oldest daughter of my friend, Autumn, with her gorgeous blue eyes:


(I didn't get her eyes as sharp, but I loved this shot so much, I wanted to include it anyway.)

And the title? "Stickem' up!"

I told her, "You can shoot me, but please don't get my camera!"

And may I also say, ISN'T THAT THE CUTEST SWIM SUIT YOU'VE EVER SEEN?!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment