Welcome -

Welcome to my photography blog! Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to look around and stay a while.

Flower Girl - pick your favortie edit

Sunday, August 29, 2010
I love taking photos, I really love taking them. And then I love getting them up on my computer screen (yay digital!) and looking at them - and finding that one amazing image, that treasure of a captured memory that's just beautiful and exceptional and special. That's the reason I take photographs.

But the editing....

The editing is about to kill me (boo digital!). I've gotten to a point in my photography that individually, my images don't usually need much editing, thank goodness. But the sheer volume of the photos waiting to be edited can still be a little overwhelming. And very time consuming.

I need at least one day to get away from my editing, and that day is Sunday, of course. I've decided that if I must get on the computer at all on Sunday that the time should be used to work on my own family's photos, my personal blog and my personal scrapbook pages.

I bought Brynn a darling new dress on GapKids the other day - I just adore it. She wore it to church today and I couldn't resist taking her picture afterward. And I love this photo, it's one of those special ones - to me at least.

I brought it in to Photoshop and performed my standard edit: crop, a little unsharp mask, a smidgen of levels adjustment and a squeaky bit of curves, and this is what I got:



Pretty girl, don't you think?

(oh, and I burned the edges just a tad)

And then, because this image is just for me and I can go a little crazy with it, I decided to play with some of my favorite Florabella actions. Let me know - if anybody's out there - which of the edits you like best. Or maybe you don't like any of the fancy stuff and like the "normal" one best. I'm curious to know.

Ready? Okay.

Edit #1: Primrose ~ soft & feminine with a rosy tint....



Edit #2: Retro Lolipop ~ dramatic & colorful with a bit of 70's feel to it....



Edit #4: B/W Chestnut ~ (I LOVE the Florabella black & white actions, they're so easy and gorgeous! No more muddy black and whites for me.)



Edit #5: Wisteria ~ Dreamy and slightly hazy...

Edit #6: B/W Rain ~ Another lovely black and white action with a cooler tone....


Edit #7: Morning Glory ~ Sunny, bright and warm....


Is that too many to choose from? I actually could have done dozens more. Let me know which ones are your favorite. I'm so immersed in photo editing for so much of my life that I feel like I loose my perspective, so all feedback is greatly appreciated.

8 comments:

Jenna Marie said...

I'm not sure which one I like the BEST- But I really do like the Primrose, B/W Chestnut, and Morning Glory the best out of those. Of course the original is great too! :) She is just so darn beautiful Ann...

dedesmith32 said...

Brynn is just gorgeous and you are amazing at photography - I am having the hardest time getting out of auto mode and I need a lesson! LOL

Anyways, these are wonderful actions - all of them look fabulous - but I do like your original edit the best - but then out of the action ones I like Morning Glory!

ME said...

I LOVE THEM ALL...but then again...I'm a self-confessed photoshop whore! Isn't it fabulous what photoshop can do!!! Of course it really helps to have a super amazing picture taken by a super amazing photographer like this one and you. I know Brynn has heard a lot how beautiful she is but seriously...She is a little rock-star SUPER MODEL! Love her pics. I haven't seen a bad one of her yet!

Ronnie said...

I have to agree with dedesmith, the original is the best, then Morning Glory. However, the retro lollipop is nice, and the chesnut B&W, and they would look fantastic in the right sort of scrapbook layout. Who am I kidding, they are all way more than "nice" but those four are my top faves. :)

Laurie Lynn said...

I love the black and white....and the dreamy hazy..and the retro...but then again all of your work is always so good! Makes me jealous :)

Hanna said...

I think I like the retro lollipop one, but they all look great!

Y2U said...

i love the Edit #7... but your daughter has beautiful beautiful eyes... in each photo no matter whether it is black n white or color... her eyes are like you have put them there after editing the picture.. pretty.. :)

Myzlol Soh said...

Hai I like Primrose and B/W Chestnut .It's was awesome .congrats!

Post a Comment